Covenants are special contracts created between players and powerful beings or sources of power that are less than gods. The player may act as the champion, herald, or prophet of a powerful being or prophecy. Alternatively, this contract may be the result of an ancient curse. Regardless of the source of the covenant, the character that is part of the covenant has been granted access to abilities that are uniquely available to them and inaccessible to others.
Every two levels after making a Covenant, the player may select either to learn one Power from the Covenant Power List or increase the number of uses for a Power they already possess. The Character receives any Alterations from the Covenant immediately upon entering the Covenant.
The Character makes a deal with a Dragon that permits them to make use of the Dragon’s power.
The Character gains dragon eyes, teeth, and tail. They are granted Low-Light Vision, the Bite offensive trait, and the Prehensile Tail trait and their physical traits become more draconic and reptilian in appearance regardless of their Race granting them Scales and a Magic Aura on their body with a +2 to their Physical and Spell Defense.
- Dragon’s Breath (1/day): Make a single breath attack that deals 1d10 per 5 Character’s Level damage. The type of damage depends on the Dragon’s elemental and/or emotional affinity.
- Dragon’s Immunity (1/day): The Character is avoids taking damage from attacks of their Dragon’s Affinity.
- Dragon Defense (1/day): The Character’s Spell and Physical Defense increases by +10 by hardening their scales.
- Dragon Heart (1/day): The Character can half their current HP and give it to another living creature.
- Dragon Claw (1 hour/day): The Character temporarily grows sharp claws to make Claw Attacks that has the Dragon Affinity and deals 1d6 per 5 Character Levels.
- Dragon Bite (1 hour/day): The Character can make Bite Attacks that has the Dragon’s Affinity and deals 2d4 per 5 Character Levels.
- Dragon Flight (1/day): The Character temporarily grows wings and can Fly up to their full Fly Movement Speed.
- Dragon Speech (1 hour/day): The Character can understand, speak, read, and write Draconic.
Mana Avatar Covenant
The Character makes a deal with a concentrated source of Mana that permits them to make use of the Mana’s power.
The Character gains tattoo like markings on their body the same color as the Mana they entered into the Covenant with and one appendage is tranformed to be composed of the Mana they contracted with. They are granted Mana Vision, the Bloodline of the Affinity of the Mana they are bound to, and immunity towards the Affinity of the Mana they entered the Covenant with.
- Mana Breath (1/day): Make a single breath attack that deals 1d10 per 5 Character’s Level damage. The type of damage depends on the Mana’s elemental and/or emotional affinity.
- Mana Avatar (1 round/day): The Character gains Mana Body for the Affinity of the Mana they have a Covenant with.
- Mana Wall (1 round/day): The Character can erect a 10ft. x10ft. Mana Wall of the Affinity of the Mana for their Covenant.
- Mana Transmutation (1/day): The Character can half their current MP and transform one the Affenity of one spell that either targets them or is cast by an ally to the Affinity of the Mana they are bound to.
- Mana Weapon (1 hour/day): The Character temporarily manifests a weapon of pure Mana that has the Mana Affinity of the Mana they are bound to and deals 1d6 per 5 Character Levels.
- Mana Control (1 minute/day): The Character can control and manipulate a natural source of the elemental/emoinoal affinity of the Mana they are in a Covenant with.
- Mana Walk (1/day): The Character temporarily gains the effects of Mana Walk for their Affinity.
*Created and Submitted by Don Lyst
The Character makes a deal with a Kirin that permits them to make use of the Kirin’s power.
The Character gains draconic eyes, iridescent scales, and and a unicorn esque horn on their forehead, they are granted the Divine Bloodline, Scales and a Magic Aura on their body with a +2 to their Physical and Spell Defense, and the Gorge Offensive Trait.
- Kirin’s Breath (1/day): Make a single breath attack that deals 1d10 per 5 Character’s Level Divine damage.
- Kirin’s Reserve (1/day): The Character’s HP is increased by +20, this can only be activated when the Character’s health drops to zero.
- Kirin Vanish (1/day): The Character can half their current HP and Teleport as per the spell with no mana cost.
- Kirin Heart (1/day): The Character can half their current MP and open or close a time-space rift (the when and where the rift leads is entirely up to the VM).
- Kirin Gorge (1 hour/day): The Character can make Gorge Attacks that has the Divine Affinity and deals 2d4 per 5 Character Levels.
- Kirin Speed (1 minute/day): The Character temporarily runs on all fours, granting them double their movement speed.
The Character has been stricken with the form of a multi-dimensional being and entered a covenant with a Meta Force beyond their comprehension.
The Character’s physical appearance changes to resemble that of a cartoon drawing and appear as a caricature of their former selves. All equipment they possess gains this appearance as well. The Character no longer ages and retains the appearance of their current age and they can no longer die from old age.
- Toon Dodge (1/day): Perfectly dodge a single attack and in doing so, the missed attack hits one space immediately behind the Character.
- Toon Walk (1/day): Defy physics and temporarily walk through air, on water, or on walls up to the Character’s full Movement Speed.
- Toon Holding (1 item): Hold an item of any size or mass in a pocket dimension accessible to the Character at any time.
- Toon Resistance (1/day): Avoid taking damage or avoid spell effects.
- Toon Invulnerability (1/day): Survive death and in doing so, gain amount of Health equal to the Character’s Constitution Score.
- Toon Appearance (1/day): Character can temporarily alter their shape as per the Plastic Body spell or temporarily change their outfit or disguise.
- Toon Skills (1/day): Pass any Skill Check on any roll except for a Natural 1 roll when making a Skill Check.
- Toon Retreat (1/day): Character can perform a full retreat regardless of their location by running through the nearest wall or solid surface leaving behind a silhouette shaped hole. This can be done regardless of the hardness of the material the surface is made of. If no solid surfaces are available, they still perform their full retreat by simply running over any accessible surface regardless of its composition.
- Toon Door (1/day): Character can paint or draw any portal on any solid surface to any known location and only the Character and other chosen creatures may access it.
- Toon Meta (1/day): Character can become aware of meta knowledge to the extent that the Verse Master permits by expending Covenant Points such as knowing exactly what to do or where to go without being given any prior hints to clues.